- Planning, organizing, coordinating and administration of all accounting activities within the accounting unit;
- Acting as liaison officer between the accounting unit and the County Executive Committee Member (C.E.C.M) for finance and Economic Planning
- Provision of advisory services to the Accounting Officers (Chief Officers) and other stakeholders on all financial and accounting matters in an accounting unit;
- Ensuring proper interpretation and implementation of financial regulations and procedures, treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
- Developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal treasury regulations and procedures;
- Provision of quality and timely accounting services in the accounting unit including maintenance of accurate accounting records and preparation of management and statutory financial reports
- Ensuring conformity to the law; participate fully in departmental/ Unit committees’ especially tender, planning, audit, training, etc.;
- Authorizing payments, sign cheques, identify suitable cheques signatories and set limits as appropriate;
- Maintain an inventory on all bank accounts in the accounting unit and their approved signatories including departments and units;
- Ensuring safe custody of government assets and records; attending County Assembly Public Accounts Committee hearings; and
- Supervision, training, development and deployment of accounts staff in the Unit
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Relevant working experience of ten (10) years in the Accounting, Audit or Financial field
- Served in the grade of Senior Assistant Accountant General, Job Group ‘Q’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Passed Part III of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent.
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce or their relevant equivalent qualification from an approved institution.
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registration of Accountants Board (RAB).
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Other key Competencies required for the post
- High degree of professional competence and administrative capability required for effective planning, direction, control and coordination of the accounting function;
- Personal integrity – a strong commitment to openness, honesty and inclusiveness demonstrating tolerance and a capacity to inspire trust in others;
- Personal responsibility – the willingness to accept responsibility for own actions and outcomes.
- Thorough understanding of national goals, policies and programmes and the ability to translate them to the accounting function.
Offer ended on December 19, 2017
All applications accompanied by a copy of National ID card, detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials should be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked on the left side the Position and department applied for to reach on or before 19th December 2017 and addressed to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
THARAKA NITHI COUNTY
P.O BOX 10
or hand delivered to the County Head Quarters, Kathwana.