• Advise on what project would cost;
• Advise on the size and standard structure that can be erected for any given expenditure;
• Advise on the economics of a project and the preparation of a budget;
• Co-operate with the designers to ensure that a building can be erected within an approved expenditure;
• Advise on tendering procedures and contractual arrangement;
• Prepare documents for obtaining tenders and arranging a contract;
• Exercise financial control during the construction so that the budget is not exceeded without authority;
• Act with the Architect and Engineer to ensure that the financial provisions of the contract are properly interpreted and applied so that the client’s financial interest is safeguarded and that the constructor is paid a proper price for the work.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Building Economics/quantity surveying or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution; and
• Be Registered as a graduate member of either Architectural Association of Kenya or Institute of Quantity Surveyors of Kenya
Offer ended on February 23, 2018
All applications accompanied by a copy of National ID card, detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials should be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked on the left side the Position and department applied for to reach on or before 23rd February 2018 and addressed to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
THARAKA NITHI COUNTY
P.O BOX 10
or hand delivered to the County Head Quarters, Kathwana.
- All candidates must satisfy requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- All posts are on Three (3) Year Contract
- Tharaka – Nithi County is an equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization.