Onesmus Muthomi Njuki is a Kenyan politician. He is the second and Incumbent Governor of Tharaka Nithi County in Kenya after been elected on a Jubilee Party of Kenya in the Kenyan general election, 2017.
Before being elected the Governor, he served as the Chuka/Igambang’ombe Member of Parliament from 2013-2017. H.E. Muthomi Njuki was elected to the 11th Parliament on an Alliance Party of Kenya (APK) party Jubilee Coalition in 2013.
He was a Member of Parliament for Chuka Igamba Ng’ombe Constituency in Tharaka Nithi County from 2013 to 2017.
In the National Assembly he was a member of Public Investments Committee and also a member of Departmental Committee on Energy, Communications and Information from March 2013.
- Tarmacking of Chuka Town and its environs. He championed tarmacking of over 50 km of constituency roads including Chuka-Kiangondu-Ndagani, then Kirubia, Kambandi and Weru.
- Initially, the constituency had no tarmac, except for the passing highway.
- Construction of the Chuka/ Igamba ng’ombe constituency executive office block
- Construction of a modern open-air market that traders can engage and trade
- Establishment of Muthomi Njuki Foundation which supports the underprivileged in the society to enable them go through the education system
- Construction of the first national stadium (Kirubia Stadium) in Tharaka Nithi County.
In the Governor’s manifesto the three key principles to guide in achievement of the vision is to:
- To listen carefully to what the people truly want and what their priorities are.
- Ensure equitable distribution of resources and opportunities across the county. All parts of Tharaka Nithi must feel they are part of the journey we are embarking on to greatness. The diversity, either in cultural or geographical, must remain a source of strength, not a weakness
- Work in harmony with the national leadership, recognizing that it’s not competition, but play complementary roles in the service of Tharaka Nithi people