County Public Service Board
The Tharaka Nithi County Public Service Board aims at establishing a world class constitutional body in the provision of nationally competitive human resources that meet the needs of the Tharaka Nithi County.
In exercising our functions as provided for in the constitution, the board shall not be directed or controlled by any other persons or authority.
Role of County Public Service Board
- Appoint persons to hold or act in office of Public Further, County Offices including in the boards of urban areas within the county and to confirm appointments.
- Exercise disciplinary control over and remove, persons holding or acting in those offices as provided for under this part.
- Prepare regular reports for submission to the county assembly on the execution of the functions of the board.
- Promote in the county public service the values and principles referred to in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Evaluate and report to the county assembly on the extent to which the values and principles referred to in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 are complied with in the county public service.
- Facilitate the development of coherent, integrated human resource planning and budgeting for personnel emoluments in the county.
- Advise the county government on human resource management and development.
- Advise county government on implementation and monitoring of the national performance management system in the county.
- Make recommendations to the Salaries and Remuneration Commission, on behalf of the county government, on the remuneration, pensions and gratuities for county public service employees.