- Has Served in Tharaka Nithi County as an employee, volunteer or casual;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: -Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Planning or Town Planning or any other equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Be a graduate member of Kenya Institute of Planners or Architectural Association of Kenya (Town Planning Chapter) or Town & county planners Association of Kenya(TCPAK)
- Computer proficiency;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Responsible for advising stakeholders and clients on all technical matters related to the planning and development control within the sub county /county
- Receiving and vetting development applications
- Participating in Preparing of local physical development plans under the supervision of the county director;
- Undertaking feasibility studies on physical, social, economic and environmental characteristic
- Implementing physical planning and land use plans and policies for national, regional, county, urban areas and cities;
- Maintaining physical planning records
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
This advertisement is strictly and internal advert; applicants must specify their current Departments and working stations, attaching all the relevant documents to prove this including recommendations from the current supervisor.
How to apply
All applications accompanied by a copy of National ID card, detailed CV, copies of all relevant academic certificates and other testimonials should be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked on the top left side the position applied for so as to reach the undersigned on or before 8th September, 2020.
Applications should be addressed to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
THARAKA NITHI COUNTY
P.O. BOX 10-60406
Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com or hand delivered to THARAKA NITHI COUNTY Headquarters Kathwana.
Tharaka Nithi County is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization. Applicants comprising persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
NOTE: COMMUNICATION FROM THE COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD IS ONLY DONE THROUGH THE OFFICE MOBILE PHONE NUMBER 0748087375.
Offer ended on September 8, 2020