- Overseeing the affairs of the municipality.
- Developing and adopting policies, plans, strategies and programs of the municipality
- Ensuring preparation and submission of the municipal annual budget estimates
- Formulating and implementing an integrated municipal development plan.
- Implement the decisions of the board.
- Supervise municipality employees.
- Prepare and present for approval of the board of the municipality, an annualestimate of revenue and expenditure to fund and carry out the programs and operations of the board.
- Perform such other functions as may be delegated by the respective Chief Officer.
- Be a holder of a bachelor’s degree in Urban management or related field from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Working experience of not less than eight (8) years in a senior management position.
- Must be a member of a professional body
- Must meet the requirements of chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya
- Master’s degree in Public Administration /Urban Management or related field from a recognized university will be an added advantage.
Three (3) years contract, renewable.
Remunerations as prescribed by salaries and remuneration commission
All applications accompanied by a copy of National ID card, detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials should be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked on the left side the Position and department applied for to reach on or before 9th July 2018 and addressed to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
THARAKA NITHI COUNTY
P.O BOX 10
Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to the County Head Quarters, Kathwana.
Offer ended on July 9, 2018