Tharaka Nithi County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following position as per Article 176 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and the County Government Act no. 17 of 2012.
- Making reports on outstanding audit reports in respect of County Departments;
- Periodic review of accounting systems in the County Departments and recommending necessary changes;
- Ensure Asset registers are maintained by the ministries under their divisions;
- Compiling reports on noncompliance by Accounting Units (Departments) with standards and other financial regulations for action by the Chief Officer;
- Compiling and maintaining an up to date list of staff for ministries and districts under him/her;
- Attending County Assembly Public Accounts Committee hearings and maintaining and implementing status matrix reports on the County Assembly Public Accounts Committee (PAC) recommendations on County Departments; and compiling Treasury Memorandum.
- As Head of an Accounting he/she will provide advisory services to the Chief Officers/Accounting Officers and other stakeholders on all financial and accounting matters in an accounting unit/department;
- Ensuring proper interpretation and implementation of financial regulations and procedures, treasury circulars, letters and instructions; Developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal treasury regulations and procedures;
- Provision of quality and timely accounting services in the accounting units/departments; including maintenance of accurate accounting records and preparation of management and statutory financial reports;
- Participating and advising in all departmental Committees especially tender, planning, audit, training, etc.;
- Maintaining an inventory on all bank accounts in the Accounting Unit and their approved signatories including districts; authorize payments, sign cheques, and identify suitable cheques signatories and set limits as appropriate;
- Ensuring all statutory reports are prepared as per the required law; attending Public Accounts Committee hearings;
- Safe guarding Government Assets and records in the accounting unit and Supervision, training, development and deployment of accounts staff.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Relevant working experience of seventeen (17) years in the Accounting, Audit or Financial field; or served in the grade of Assistant Accountant General, Job Group ‘P’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Passed Part III of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent.
- Master’s degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registration of Accountants Board (RAB).
- Attended a Strategic Leadership Development Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Satisfy requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya
Tharaka Nithi County is an equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization. Applicants comprising persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Applicants must submit their application letters with copies of the following documents;
- Copy of the national identity card
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Curriculum Vitae
- Fulfil the requirements of the Chapter six(6) of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following certificates.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate Criminal Investigation
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
All applications should be submitted in sealed envelope clearly marked Chuka Town Board Application to the undersigned by close of the business on or before 15th August, 2018
THARAKA NITHI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD P.O BOX 10 -60406
Applications can be hand delivered at the County Public service board office at Kathwana.
Offer ended on August 15, 2018