THE ROLES OF THE CPSB
The County Public Service Board (CPSB) is charged with the responsibility of developing and implementing human resource policies and frameworks for the County Government in line with the relevant laws.
The responsibilities of the Tharaka Nithi CPSB include the following:
1. Establishing and abolishing offices in the County Public Service.
2. Appointing persons to hold or act in offices of the County Public Service.
3. Exercising disciplinary control over and removal of persons holding or acting in public service offices.
4. Promoting in the county public service the values and principles of governance and public service.
5. Evaluating and reporting on the extent to which the values and principles of governance and public service comply within the county public service and delivering regular reports to the County Assembly.
6. Advising the County Government on the implementation and monitoring of the national performance management system in the county.
7. Make recommendations to the SRC (Salaries and Remuneration Commission), on the pensions, remuneration, and gratuities for County Public Service employees.