- September 8, 2021
- Posted by: Muigai
Requirements for appointment
- Be an employee of Tharaka Nithi County;
- Served in the grade of Senior Assistant Accountant General, Job Group ‘Q’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Passed Part III of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent.
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce or their relevant equivalent qualification from an approved institution.
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registration of Accountants Board (RAB).
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and responsibilities
- Heads the Accounting Unit
- Planning, organizing, coordinating and administration of all accounting activities within the accounting unit;
- Acting as liaison officer between the accounting unit and the County Executive Committee Member (C.E.C.M) for Finance, Economic Planning, Trade and Revenue
- Provision of advisory services to the Accounting Officers (Chief Officers) and other stakeholders on all financial and accounting matters in an accounting unit;
- Ensuring proper interpretation and implementation of financial regulations and procedures, treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
- Developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal treasury regulations and procedures;
- Provision of quality and timely accounting services in the accounting unit including maintenance of accurate accounting records and preparation of management and statutory financial reports
- Ensuring conformity to the law; participate fully in departmental/ Unit committees’ especially tender, planning, audit, training, etc.;
- Authorizing payments, sign cheques, identify suitable cheques signatories and set limits as appropriate;
- Maintain an inventory on all bank accounts in the accounting unit and their approved signatories including departments and units;
- Ensuring safe custody of government assets and records; attending County Assembly Public Accounts Committee hearings; and
- Supervision, training, development and deployment of accounts staff in the Unit
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor.
The Applicants must be employees of Tharaka Nithi County (Casual, Contract or Permanent). They must attach a recommendation letter from their current Supervisors to prove they are working for Tharaka Nithi County.
How to apply
All applications accompanied by a copy of National ID card, detailed CV, copies of all relevant academic certificates and other testimonials should be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked on the top left side the position applied for so as to reach the undersigned on or before 29th September, 2021.
Applications should be addressed to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
THARAKA NITHI COUNTY
P.O. BOX 10-60406
Applications to be hand delivered to THARAKA NITHI COUNTY Headquarters Kathwana. Tharaka Nithi County is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization. Applicants comprising persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: COMMUNICATION FROM THE COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD IS ONLY DONE THROUGH THE OFFICE MOBILE PHONE NUMBER 0748087375.