Francis Nyamu Kagwima is a Kenyan politician. He is the second and incumbent Deputy Governor of Tharaka Nithi County in Kenya after having been cleared on a Jubilee Party in the Kenyan election as Onesmus Muthomi Njuki’s running mate. Before being elected the Deputy Governor, he served as a Member of Parliament of Tharaka Constituency for the terms in 1988 -1997 and re-elected again in 2002-2007.
After graduating from University he joined KPCU as an Engineer trainee and rose quickly to the rank of Chief Engineer until he resigned to join politics in 1988. He was elected as a Member of Parliament for Tharaka Constituency in 1988. In his second term he was an Assistant Minister in Research, Technical Training & Technology from 1993 – 1997
Achievements in politics
- He was able to get administrative units of e.g. Sub-locations, Locations, and Divisions. Creation of Tharaka Nithi County through putting a Nithi District to be curbed from Meru. This finally became Tharaka Nithi County.
- Drilling of 300 boreholes in Tharaka Constituency, working with Diocess of Meru to construct Kithino Irrigation project as well as water supply in Marimanti.
- Issue of tittle deeds in Tharaka Constituency, lobbied African Development Bank to construct Kibunga Hospital as well as improve Tunyai, Kathangacini, Nkondi, Chiakariga and Kamanyaki Health Facilities.
- Build bridges like Mutonga, Kithino, Ruungu, Kibunga, Kanyoro, Kaigi-kamwi and Kathangacini
- Lobbied national government to buy millet from Tharaka that increased the price of millet for the first time which transformed lives.
- Lobbied the first electricity line phase I from Chuka – Kaanwa-Kajuki, Chiakariga, Marimanti to Gatunga.
- Ensured unity in Tharaka Nithi when he was the chairman of KANU.