Pursuant to section 155(5) of the Public Finance Management Act, 2012, Public Finance Management (County Government) Regulations, 2015 section 167 and Audit Committee Guidelines for the County Government, County Government of Tharaka Nithi wishes to establish Tharaka Nithi County Audit Committee comprising five (5) members: a chairperson, 2 members, 2 other members nominated from executive and the head of Internal Audit who shall be the secretary to the Committee.
To be appointed as CHAIRPERSON of the Audit Committee one should:
- Hold a degree from a recognized University in Kenya
- Hold CPA(K) and in good standing
- Have knowledge and experience of not less than 7 years in:
- Audit and or
- Financial management/accounting
- Have knowledge and experience in public service/devolved system of government and knowledge in risk management.
- Be a person of integrity and in compliance with requirements of Chapter six of the constitution.
To be appointed as MEMBER of the Audit Committee one should:
- Hold a degree from university recognized in Kenya
- Have progressive working experience of not less than 5 years
- Member of professional body in good standing
- Have knowledge and experience in public service/devolved system of government
- Be a person with integrity and compliant with requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
Terms of Appointment
- Members of the Audit Committee shall be appointed for a term of 3 years on part time basis and shall be eligible for re- appointment for a further one term only.
- Despite paragraph (1) Above, after expiry of every term at least one third of the committee shall retire and not be eligible for re-appointment.
- The term should only be extended after performance of the member has been reviewed.
- Applicants should not be past/present employee/agent of County Government of Tharaka Nithi or holder of a political office.
Applications should be in a sealed envelope together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, national identity cards, testimonials, clearances and other relevant supporting documents clearly marked on the right corner of the envelope the position applied, to be received on or before 3rd April, 2018.
During the interview, applicants should avail original copies of current clearance certificate from Criminal Investigations Department, Higher Education Loans Board, Kenya Revenue Authority, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and clearance from any Credit Reference Bureau.
Applications should be addressed to:
THE SECRETARY COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
THARAKA NITHI COUNTY
P.O BOX 10 KATHWANA
Or emailed to email@example.com or hand delivered to THARAKA NITHI COUNTY Head Quarters Kathwana. Tharaka Nithi County is an equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization.
Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.