- Must be a resident of Tharaka Nithi County
- Must NOT be holder of Liquor Licence within Tharaka Nithi County
- Must be willing to be vetted through a competitive process in accordance with the prescribed rules.
- One of whom shall be a youth provided that not more than two persons shall be of the same gender.
- A member of the committee shall hold office for a term of 3 Years serving on part time basis
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
- A professional and able to demonstrate absence of breach of the relevant Professional code of conduct.
The remuneration of the members of the committee shall be by way of sitting allowances determined by the Salaries and remuneration commission.
FUNCTIONS OF THE LIQUOR LICENSING COMMITTEE
- Carry out public education on alcoholic drinks control in the county directly and in collaboration with other public or private bodies and institutions;
- Facilitate citizen participation in matters related to alcoholic drinks control in accordance to framework for citizen participation established under the County Governments Act, the Urban Areas and Cities Act or any other relevant written law;
- Develop in collaboration with other county and national government departments strategies and plans for implementing this Act and control of alcohol abuse and any other relevant national legislation and coordinate and support their implementation;
- Advise the CEC member generally on the exercise of his powers and performance of his functions under this Act, and in particular on county policy and laws to be adopted in regard to the production, manufacture, sale and consumption of alcoholic drinks;
- In collaboration with other relevant county departments, prepare and submit an alcoholic drinks status report bi-annually in the prescribed manner to the CEC member which shall be transmitted to the County Cabinet and the county assembly;
- Recommend to the CEC member and participate in the formulation of laws and regulations related to alcoholic drinks;
- Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of this Act and advising the executive member on the necessary measures to be adopted;
- Carry out such other roles necessary for the implementation of the objects and purpose of this Act and perform such other functions as may, from time to time, be assigned by the executive member.
- Collaborate with ward administrators and any other relevant council appointed under the County Governments Act, 2012 such as officers in charge of coordination of national government functions in the county;
- Collaborate with similar committees in other counties for effective implementation of this Act.
Please follow and like us: