- Must be a resident of the Sub-County
- Must NOT be holder of Liquor Licence within Tharaka Nithi County
- Must be willing to be vetted through a competitive process in accordance with the prescribed rules.
- One of whom shall be a youth provided that not more than two persons shall be of the same gender.
- A member of the committee shall hold office for a term of 3 Years serving on part time basis
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
- A professional and able to demonstrate absence of breach of the relevant Professional code of conduct.
The remuneration of the members of the committee shall be by way of sitting allowances determined by the Salaries and remuneration commission.
FUNCTIONS OF THE SUB COUNTY COMMITTEE
- Issue licenses in accordance with this Act; and
- Perform such other functions as directed by the county liquor licensing committee.
- Make inspection or other visits to premises at such times as it may deem appropriate.
- Ensure that there is effective public participation in accordance with the framework for citizen participation established under the county government Act, the urban areas and cities act or any other relevant written law;
- Collaborate with the ward administrators and the officers in charge of co-ordination of national government functions in the ward,
- Collaborate with similar committees in other counties for effective implementation of the Act;
Please follow and like us: