SENIOR INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER, JOB GROUP ‘L’-1 POST
- July 17, 2020
- Posted by: Webmaster
Duties and Responsibilities
- carrying out systems analysis, design and program specifications in liaison with users and the directorate of ICT;
- developing, implementing and maintaining of systems;
- ensuring adherence to established ICT standards;
- supervising and compiling overall systems documentation;
- advising on ICT related issues; supervising installation certification, repairs and maintenance of Information Communication Technology equipment and associated peripherals;
- recommending and supervising Hardware/Software specifications for Information Communication Technology equipment;
- logging of problems, and drawing and scheduling preventive maintenance;
- assisting in feasibility studies as assigned by supervisor.
- training officers working below him/her
- any other duty that may be assigned by the directorate of ICT.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- A bachelor degree/diploma/higher diploma in any of the following fields: Computer Science or Information Communication Technology from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrated experience in web and mobile applications development with deep understanding of either PHP, Java or VB.NET
- Demonstrated experience in Computer Networking, Systems Security and data protection. CCNA certification will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in database management, with advanced understanding of SQL databases.
- Vast experience in software systems deployment and user training
- Demonstrated professional ability, initiative and competence in organizing and directing work.
- Must meet the requirement of the Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Experience in development and deployment of Hospital Information Systems will be an added advantage.
How to apply
All applications accompanied by a copy of National ID card, detailed CV, copies of all relevant academic certificates and other testimonials should be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked on the top left side the position applied for so as to reach the undersigned on or before 22nd July, 2020.
Applications should be addressed to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
THARAKA NITHI COUNTY
P.O. BOX 10-60406
Applications can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to THARAKA NITHI COUNTY Headquarters Kathwana.
Tharaka Nithi County is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization. Applicants comprising persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
COMMUNICATION FROM THE COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD IS ONLY DONE THROUGH THE OFFICE MOBILE PHONE NUMBER 0748087375.