Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and abolish offices in the County Public Service.
- Appoint persons to hold or act in County Public Offices including in the boards of urban areas within the County and to confirm appointments.
- Exercise disciplinary control over and remove persons holding or acting in those offices as provided for under this part.
- Prepare regular reports for submission to the County Assembly on the execution of the functions of the board.
- Promote in the County Public Service the values and principles referred to in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Evaluate and report to the County Assembly on the extent to which the values and principles referred to in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya are complied with in the County Public Service.
- Facilitate the development of coherent, integrated human resource planning and budgeting for personnel emoluments in the County.
- Advise the County Government on human resource management and development.
- Advise the County Government on implementation and monitoring of the national performance management system in the County.
- Make recommendations to the Salaries and Remuneration Commission on behalf of the County Government on the remuneration, pensions and gratuities for County Public Service employees.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Be a Kenyan Citizen.
- Be a holder of a first degree from a recognized University in Kenya. A master degree will be an added advantage.
- Have a working experience of not less than five (5) years.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 on leadership and integrity.
- Be a professional who demonstrates absence of breach of the relevant professional code of conduct.
- The Secretary shall not hold any other State or Public Office.
- Understanding of the diversity within the County.
- Be a Certified Public Secretary of good professional standing.
- Be a visionary and a strategic thinker.
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Be committed to be part of a team that will enable the County Government achieve its vision.
Terms: Full time employment and on a Six (6) years non-renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance.