Requirements for appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be a holder of a diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery or Clinical Medicine and Community Health from a recognized institution
- Be registered by Clinical Officers’ Council
- Possess a valid Practicing License from Clinical Officer’s Council
- Must be computer literate
Duties and responsibilities
The Registered Clinical Officers shall be responsible to the employer and the supervisor for the following;
- Taking history, examining, diagnosing and treating patients’ common ailments at an outpatient or inpatient health facility;
- Guiding and counseling patients, clients and staff on health issues;
- Referring patients and clients to appropriate health facilities;
- Assessing, preparing and presenting medical-legal reports;
- Coaching and mentoring students on attachment;
- Carrying out surgical procedures as per training and skills;
- Organizing health management teams and convening health management committee meetings;
- Collecting and compiling data for research on clinical services issues;
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Terms of Service: Contract
How to apply
All applications accompanied by a copy of National ID card, detailed CV, copies of all relevant academic certificates and other testimonials should be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked on the top left side the position applied for so as to reach the undersigned on or before 27th November, 2019.
Applications should be addressed to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
THARAKA NITHI COUNTY
P.O. BOX 10-60406
Applications can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to THARAKA NITHI COUNTY Headquarters Kathwana. Tharaka Nithi County is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization. Applicants comprising persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.