Specific duties and responsibilities
An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer. Duties and responsibilities at this level entails:
- Squaring dimensions and abstracting for the preparation of bills of quantities;
- Preparation of specifications;
- Site measurements preparation of payment certificate and final accounts;
- Compilation of tender and contract documentation;
- Staffing of functional units relating to fees and cost planning
Requirements for appointments
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in the grade of quantity surveyor assistant II or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service for at least three (3) years.
- A diploma or a technician certificate part III in any of the following fields:
Quantity Survey, Building / civil Engineering, or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Terms : 3 (Three) year contract