Qualification for Appointment
- Be a holder of a bachelor’s degree in town planning/ urban management or related field from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Master’s degree in Public Administration /Urban Management or related field from a recognized university.
- Working experience of not less than eight (8) years in a senior management position.
- Must be a member of a professional body
- Must meet the requirements of chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya,
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act on behalf of the Municipal Board ensuring the execution of the decisions of the Board
- Prepare and present for approval to the Board of the Municipality, an annual estimate of revenue and expenditure.
- Be principally responsible for building and maintain a strong alliance and effective working relationships between the Board and the civil society, private sector and community based organizations;
- Prepare, and submit to the Board an annual report on the activities and accomplishments of the departments and agencies comprising the executive branch of the Municipality.
- Act as an ex-officio member of all committees of the Board; and
- Exercise supervision over all departments and agencies of the Municipality and coordination of its activities;
- Administer and enforce all Municipality By-laws, resolutions, franchises, leases, contracts, permits, and other Municipality decisions;
- Prepare and administer the annual Municipality budget;
- Administer Municipality utilities and property;
- Encourage and support regional and intergovernmental cooperation;
- Promote cooperation among the Board of the Municipality, staff and citizens in developing Municipality policies and building a sense of community;
- Any other duties as directed by the Board and the Chief Officer.