a) Duties and Responsibilities
- The Chief Officer shall be the authorized officer in a specific County Department/entity and shall be responsible to the respective County Executive Committee Member.
- Formulation and implementation of effective programs to attain vision 2030 and multi sectoral goals;
- Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans;
- Implementation of policies and regulations;
- Coordinating Devolved functions in liaison with the relevant officers and departments.
- Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery;
- Ensuring compliance with the national values and principles of good governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time;
b) Qualifications and Requirements for the Post
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- A Degree in Business Administration from a recognized University in Kenya
- A Diploma in Cooperative Management from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in Project Planning & Management will be an added advantage
- Be a professional who can demonstrate high professional code of conduct
- Has thorough understanding of Cooperative movement in Kenya and local context
- A Team Player, visionary and a strategic leader.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Be committed to be part of a team that will enable the County Government of Tharaka Nithi achieve its vision
- Satisfy Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to this position will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Terms of Service: Contract
Application Deadline : 24th July, 2019.