ANIMAL HEALTH ASSISTANT/ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATOR , JOB GROUP “G” – ONE (1) POSTS
- December 22, 2020
- Posted by: Webmaster
Requirements for appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Certificate lasting not less than two (2) years in any of the following disciplines: – Animal Health or Animal Health and Production from a recognized institution.
- Be registered and retained by the Kenya Veterinary Board
- Have a Certificate in Artificial Insemination
- Certificate in Computer Application from a recognized institution
- Possess a Driving License (Motorbike Riding Option) and be willing to ride
- Have an experience of at least 1 year
Duties and responsibilities
The Artificial Inseminator shall be responsible to the employer and the supervisor for the following:
- Providing Artificial Insemination Service;
- Animal Breeding advice;
- Carrying our simple treatment of animals;
- Participating in disease search and reporting;
- Demonstrating on milking techniques and external parasite control techniques such as dipping, spraying and dusting;
- Carrying out vaccination;
- Undertaking closed castration, dehorning, deworming, docking, de-beaking and hoof trimming; and
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor.
How to apply
All applications accompanied by a copy of National ID card, detailed CV, copies of all relevant academic certificates and other testimonials should be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked on the top left side the position applied for so as to reach the undersigned on or before 4th January, 2021.
Applications should be addressed to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
THARAKA NITHI COUNTY
P.O. BOX 10-60406
Applications to be hand delivered to THARAKA NITHI COUNTY Headquarters Kathwana.
Terms: Three (3) years Contract