Pursuant to the Provision of Section 14 of the Urban Areas and Cities Act, 2016, Tharaka Nithi County Executive Committee invites applications from qualified persons for the position of members to Kathwana Municipal Board(4 posts). The members of the board shall hold office for a term of five years on part time basis.
Functions of the Board
1. Oversee the affairs of the Municipality
2. Develop and adopt policies, plans, strategies and programmes, and may set targets for delivery of services
3. Formulate and implement an integrated development plan
4. Develop and manage schemes, including site development, in collaboration with the relevant national and county agencies
5. Maintain a comprehensive database and information system of the administration and provide public access thereto upon payment of a nominal fee, to be determined by the board
6. Implement applicable national and county legislation
7. Monitor and, where appropriate, regulate Municipal services where those services are provided by service providers other than the board of the municipality
8. Prepare and submit its annual budget estimates for approval by the County Executive Committee and administer the budget as approved.
9. Monitor the impact and effectiveness of any services, policies and programmes or plans
10. Establish, implement and monitor performance management systems
11. Promote a safe and healthy environment
Requirements for appointments as a member of Kathwana Municipality Board
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Preferably have a degree in a field relevant to Municipal administration from a recognized University.
- Demonstrate capacity to offer leadership and work under pressure
- Must be ordinary resident or has a permanent dwelling in Tharaka Nithi County
- Must be carrying business in Tharaka Nithi County or
- Must have lived in Tharaka Nithi County for at least five years.
Applicants must submit their application letters with copies of the following documents;
- Copy of the national identity card
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Curriculum Vitae
- Fulfil the requirements of the Chapter six(6) of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following certificates.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate Criminal Investigation
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
All applications should be submitted in sealed envelope clearly marked Kathwana Municipal Board Application to the undersigned by close of the business on or before 18th April 2018
THARAKA NITHI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 10 -60406 KATHWANA.
Applications can be hand delivered at the County Public service board office at Kathwana. Note: The four (4) members will be part of a nine (9) member board. The other five (5) will be appointed as prescribed by section 13 (2) of Urban Areas and Cities Act, 2016